These balls are dairy-free and gluten-free and are a healthy alternative to other sweet snacks. Once you taste them you’ll wonder how you ever lived without this scrumptious treat.
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1 ½ tablespoons of cacao powder
- 12 medjool dates (pitted)
- 3 tablespoons of any NUT butter (almond, cashew, pecan, etc.)
- Put everything EXCEPT the almonds into a food processor. If you don’t want your balls too sweet then try 8 dates first and continue adding 1 date at a time until you achieve desired sweetness.
- Blend until it is a paste.
- Add the almonds and pulse until you get the desired consistency. Don’t blend for too long, you don’t want it to be too wet. You want some texture so that the balls will hold their shape.
- If your mixture is too dry, add 1 tablespoon of water and keep adding until you think you have the right consistency. You should be able to roll into balls easily.
- Use a spoon to roll the mixture into tablespoon sized balls with your hands.
- Put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
*Keep your bliss balls in the fridge. They will keep for 1 week. Or you can freeze them and just take them out when you want to eat them.